How Can I Get The Most From My Consignments?
- Group your consignment by season. Fall hits the department stores in July and we transition beginning August 1st. Bring us your consignment before the weather changes.
- Know what sells. We accept high end women’s merchandise in great condition. This includes all clothing, belts, jewelry, shoes, scarves, and HANDBAGS!
- Clean, shine, dry clean your items. Clean clothes sell first! Please bring your items on hangers and please do not bring items which have been stored in moth balls since the scent is difficult to remove. Before bringing in the items please check for holes, stains, tears, broken zippers, etc.. If you are consigning shoes you may want to clean any soil on the inside and get the heels or soles repaired.
- Don’t remove any tags. Your items will sell for more money if the label is still attached! Some items authenticity will be questioned without a tag on it.
- Know the background story. Tell us everything! Provide as much information as possible about the item, as that will help us price the piece accurately.
- Handbags! This is where the money is! Please bring us any original receipts, authenticity cards, or dust covers. They will increase the value of the handbag. Great handbags hardly ever have shelf life. We maintain wish lists for our customers and on many occasions they are sold in a matter of hours.
How do you price items?
- There are no set rules. But generally 1/3 – 1/2 original value.
- Pricing is determined by year and condition of merchandise, e.g., a handbag in mint condition would accrue a great deal more than 1/2 its value.
- Sought after labels will always drive the price higher.
- Basic tees and sweaters, etc. are priced to sell.
- If you remember what you paid for an item please tell us.
What if my consignment does not sell?
- Any unsold items must be picked up by the end of the consignment period.
- Any items not picked up after 90 days will become the property of Belle Mode Boutique and will be donated. Tax receipts are always available.
- We do not call consignor’s to remind them to pick up.
Do you sell new items too?
- Yes, many of our items are brand new with original tags.
- We also have an online store where we offer new women’s clothing and accessories ===> CLICK HERE
What are your hours?
Monday – Saturday: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Sunday – 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM